Friday, August 28, 2015

join in the first periscope crochet along !

I am super excited to share with you an upcoming project.
Introducing the first #periscopecal!

As you already know, I have fallen completely down the rabbit hole of Periscope.  And I am dipping my toes into the possibility of interactive crochet with my first Periscope Crochet-a-Long.  Eeeeeeks!

The Dates:
September 13 through October 17 (5 weeks)

The Pattern:
{NOTE: Please don't Pin this photo--it is not mine.  Please click on the link below and Pin directly from the original site.  Thank you for your cooperation!}
The Carnivale Cushion
by Michelle Robinson of Poppy and Bliss

Isn't it gorgeous?!!

The Gist:
Each week, we will work on a part of the project.  Every Monday at 11:00am est, I will Scope mini-tutorials for the stitches and techniques used in the project.  Every Thursday at 11:00 am est, I will share my progress so far and then open it up for a Pass-the-Cast for anyone else who would like to share their progress.  If you haven't Scoped yet, this would be the perfect time to jump in on a supportive community (hint, hint)! If you are not able to join live at those times, the replays will be available on Pericsope for 24 hours and on Katch.Me.  Please share your progress on your social media outlets using the #periscopecal.

The Schedule:

{Please note the change in time for the 1st three Scopes below}

Prior to September 13: choose your colors and gather your yarn and hook.
Scope: 9/10 at 11:00am 4:00pm est
to share my yarn picks

Week 1: 9/13 to 19
Cushion Rounds 1-7
Scope: 9/14 at 11:00am 4:00pm est
to go over this week's stitches
*magic circle
*invisible join
*standing stitches
*double cluster stitch
Scope: 9/17 at 11:00am 4:00pm est
to share progress

Week 2: 9/20 to 26
Cushion Rounds 8-14
Scope: 9/21 at 11:00am est
to go over any questions/review stitches
Scope: 9/24 at 11:00am est
to share progress/talk options

Week 3: 9/27 to 10/3
Cushion Back
Scope: 9/28 at 11:00am est
to go over front post double crochet
Scope: 10/1 at 11:00am est
to share progress/talk about blocking

Week 4: 10/4 to 10/10
Pillow Insert
Scope: 10/5 at 11:00am est
to go over any questions/review
Scope: 10/8 at 11:00am est
to share progress

Week 5: 10/11 to 10/17
Finishing
Scope: 10/12 at 11:00am est
to go over joining and pompoms!
Scope: 10/15 at 11:00am est
to share our finished projects!  Woohoo!

Along the way, I will be sharing my progress on Instagram and posting weekly updates here on my blog as well.  All Periscopes will be saved on my Katch.me and I am hoping to embed them in each week's blog post as well (have never done that, so hope I can figure it out).

If you are planning on joining us, I would love for you to leave a comment in this post or send me an email (link in side bar) or comment on the post on Instagram.

I am super excited to begin this project with you and see how it all goes!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!