Saturday, January 3, 2015

crochet : hexie sachet

Happy New Year!  
It has been ages since I have posted on this little blog.
I won't bore you with the details of all that has been going on in my little world (hockey, holidays, returning to teaching full time for the first time in 14 years).  Umm, yeah it's been a bit crazy, and blogging was, sadly, the last thing on my mind.  

But I have soaked up these days of vacation, have welcomed in the new year with all it's possibilities, hopes and dreams, and am ready to sit down this morning to share a little project with you.  

A Crochet Hexie Sachet

I wrote up the pattern to share with you.
 I used a grey tone linen fabric to sew a little hexie pillow and added some dried lavender to the fluff.
I wish the internet had "scratch and sniff" capabilities--it smells heavenly.

Then the motif is hand-stitched to the cushion.

Easy and beautiful!

Lacey Hexagon Motif

Hook size: E
Yarn: DK

Round 1: Ch2, 6 sc into 2nd ch from hook.  Join with sl st and fasten off.

Round 2: Join new color into any sc, ch3, 2dc cluster, ch5, 3dc cluster in each sc around for 6 3dc cluster petals, sl st into top of first ch3 and fasten off.

Round 3: Join new color at top of any cluster, ch3, [2dc, ch2, 2dc in ch5 space; 1dc in top of next cluster] repeat around, ending with sl st in ftop of 1st ch3 and fasten off.

Round 4: Join new color in corner space, ch3, 1dc, ch2, 2dc in same space, 3dc in next ch space.  Work [2dc ch2 2dc] in each corner chain space and 3dc in other spaces around.  Sl st into top of ch3 and fasten off.

Round 5: Join new color in corner space, ch1, sc ch1 sc in same corner, sc in each stitch across and work 1sc ch1 1sc in corner, continue around joining with sl st into first sc and fasten off.

Happy crocheting!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!