Friday, January 30, 2015

crochet : button flowers


The other day a friend tagged me in a Facebook post featuring these gorgeous crochet button flowers:
image credit: Craft and Fun
I was immediately inspired and got out my smallest crochet hook (a US size B), some thread, and the only button I could find that the B hook could fit through.

Using the pictures as a guide, I gave it a go.  (Of course, now as I write this blog post, I find the link to Craft and Fun via Pinterest and there are directions in English at the bottom of the post linked in the caption above).

Insert hook into button hole and pull up a loop, chain 5.  SC into next button hole, ch 5.  Repeat around ending with a single crochet into first button hole, ch5, slst into 1st ch of beginning ch5.  Slst into first ch5 space, ch, sc, hdc, 3dc, hdc, sc.  Continue making petals around in each ch5 space, ending with a slst into.  Fasten off and weave in ends. Join accent color into any stitch and alternate 1sc 2 sc around, working 1sc in between button hole threads.

Optional: photograph your new cute flower and create a springtime scene for it in Studio :) 


1 comment:

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!