Thursday, January 15, 2015

2015 year long crochet project

I'm so excited to share my 2015 crochet project with you!

Last year, I began the tradition (can you call it a tradition after just one year?) of having a crochet project that lasts through the year.  It was the Crochet Mood Blanket, and if I'm to be completely honest, it only lasted ½ of the year.  I got bored with it.  The same little square hooked in a different color every stinkin' day.  And when it had lost its "mood meaning" I knew it was time to call it quits.  I have a pretty little throw for the end of our bed, and I'm ok with the fact that it is ½ the size I had intended it to be.

This year, I knew I wanted to do something a little different.  I still wanted to stick with a blanket project, but I needed variety.  And I needed it to be a bit more flexible than being locked into every single solitary day.

This year I will be hooking up a 12 inch square each week for 50 weeks.  The last two weeks of the year will be spent joining and crocheting the border.  I've already favorited and tagged more squares than I'll need on my Ravelry account.  I've even convinced a friend to join me!

WEEK ONE || More V's Please
by Melinda Miller
Yarn: Loops and Threads Impeccable in Arbor Rose, Grass, Aqua, Butterscotch and Silver Grey.
Hook: H 5mm
I'm not completely positive yet how I'll be joining my blocks, but just thinking out loud here, maybe I'll do a final round of single crochet on each and join them in white using the flat zipper join.

 Week 2 is still in the works, but here's a little sneak peek:

Watch this space for progress on my blanket throughout the year.

How about you?  Got any year-long crochet projects in the works for 2015?  Want to join me and crochet a square a week?  I'll be posting links to the square I hook each week, and sharing progress on Instagram with the hashtag #12inchgrannyblanket.  If you crochet, I'd love to have you hook along!

Happy Crocheting in 2015!

2 comments:

  1. I would love to join you! I am a beginner/self taught - now crochet lover! I look forward to having a crochet buddy to *motivate me along* - how fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy to have you hooking along with us, Sarita! I'm a self-taught crocheter, too. Give a shout if you need help with any of the patterns we're doing! Happy Crocheting!

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!