Saturday, June 22, 2013

an inspired page

It's day two of summer vacation 
and I had only one goal for myself:
create a layout today.

So I did:

This page was inspired by Two Peas Garden Girl Wilna Furstenberg.

She has a video step-by-step of her process that ran in the background as I created my page.

Wilna used her Silhouette to cut some pretty leafy stems and flowers for her page, but flowers were not really the look I was going for on my baby-boy-themed page.   

So I scrolled through my Silhouette Library and found this fabulous cut file from Chic Tags:
Perfect for my theme and to replicate Wilna's border alongside my photos.

I filled the cut border with a mix of patterned papers from the Recollections Mosaic Memories paper pack and some star buttons I've had in my stash for over a decade:

Painted and stamped chipboard pieces create the title and this page is done:

Hope it's the first of many scrapbook pages this summer!

Thanks for taking a peek!

2 comments:

  1. Aboslutely great, cute, sweet LO ! I love this ! i don't have "Silhouette", so I am going to think about a way to do same border, because it's awesome !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way you used the Chic Cut file Michelle, such a cute page.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!