Happy Monday, and to those of you celebrating, Happy Halloween!
It looks more like Christmas around here than Halloween, though.
Yesterday we woke up to this:
And then the sun warmed things up to reveal the colors of fall against the pure white snow:
It was really quite beautiful. But the storm knocked out our power for about 7 hours.
So on with this week's Pinspire Me Monday.
I just finished my project (when will I learn to not be such a procrastinator?).
I love finding new ways to use/save our holiday cards:
- using card fronts as gift tags or accents on scrapbook pages
- turning artwork into new cards
- slipping them into photo sleeves
So here's my Pinspired Project:
Although I loved the ease of simply punching holes in the cards and sticking rings on them, I somehow feel the need to take a simple project and put a complicated spin on it.
So here's my process:
- Match up cards according to size
- Glue card pairs together along one side (the side opposite the one the binding will go into)
- Cut strips of cardstock wide enough to fit the binding (I used 1 1/2" for the Bind it All)
- Cut the strips to the same length as each card pair
- Glue between card layers
- Punch holes for binding and bind together (I created a front and back cover from chipboard)
I love how the cards still open to reveal the greetings inside.
What's Pinspiring you lately? Please share it in the side bar!