Monday, December 21, 2009

December Daily {Days 15-17}

I am absolutely loving this project! I have wanted to record some of our holday traditions for a while now, but wasn't quite sure how I wanted to do it (an album, a layout, several layouts). This album has become the perfect home for our holiday traditions.
Here are a few of deets, and a look at some more of the pages:
The album: a three ring binder I had kicking around. I'm thinking I must have picked it up on clearance at Target a few years back. It had filler pages for a travel log. I spray painted it red and covered the inside with patterned papers. The album itself measures 9 1/2" across by 8 3/4" tall by 1 3/4" wide. The pages inside are various sizes, the largest of which measures 9 1/4" by 8 1/2".
The timeline: I plan to record in this album for the entire month of December. This way I can record my favorite day of the season (12/26!), and the festivities of New Year's Eve. The children are on vacation from school, so I can capture our time together. And I'll probably include some reflections on 2009, and some goals for 2010.
Day 15:
Originally, I thought I would enlarge this photo to an 8x8 and
cut some of the doors so that they would open to reveal words.
Instead, I opted for a smaller 4" square print that opens to reveal
a word block I created in PSE . The words are some of the goodies that the
boys have opened in this year's advent calendar.
Day 16:
This handmade envelope (using templates from Paper Source) holds scanned and shrunk copies of notes the boys wrote to Wilfred (their elf) and Santa.
The facing page is cut from a Trader Joe's holiday shoping bag.


Day 17:
A photo of some holiday greetings we've received this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!