Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Camera Strap

Making one of these has been on my list of things to do for quite a while. I finally found some coordinating fabric that I loved and moved it to the top of my list for last night. Thanks to the fantastic tutorial over at Cluck, Cluck, Sew I whipped this pretty up in no time.
I adjusted the pattern ever so slightly, cutting the fabric to 28" rather than 26". I was thinking that I would not need the fusible fleece padding, then at the last minute (and a quick trip to JoAnn's) I added it. It's definitely better with it, not only for comfort, but also for overall look and quality. Out of 1/4 yard of fabric, I was able to cut enough for three straps. I would like to try one that is nearly the length of my whole strap to try to cover up some of the unattractive plasticware used in adjusting the strap length. I will definitely be making a whole slew of these--great for presents.

Here's a close up which was about all I could get once I slipped it onto my strap.
Now I can cross that off the list of things to do!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle! Love it! My mom just made me kitchen curtains in the same fabric! Holy cow do great minds thinkg alike! We just painted our kitchen granny smith apple green!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i adore this one, Girl!! it looks awesome.. really awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one is great!!! I saw these for sale - now i'm going to make my own. Thx!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now, I really wish I have a sewing machine. This is beautiful! Thanks for the link to the tutorial, at least I know where to go when I get a sewing machine... hehehe...

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is just adorable and I bet a lot more comfortable than a traditional strap.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!